- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Nurse Practitioner
|Date||March 7, 2017|
|Company||Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA)|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA)|
Island Health is currently recruiting for a temporary part-time Nurse Practitioner to work with the four First Nations communities on the Saanich Peninsula on southern Vancouver Island.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in collaboration with a team to provide primary care services and outreach within the four W’SÁNEĆ (Saanich) First Nations, Tsartlip, Pauquachin, Tseycum, and Tsawout. You will work with two other Nurse Practitioners, a physician and with the support of various interdisciplinary team members working in each community to provide culturally safe, holistic and client centered care. This position has a flexible approach, while a majority of client visits will occur in clinic spaces in Tseycum and Tsawout Nations, there will be some home visits to clients in these two communities and the other two W’SÁNEĆ Nations.
The W’SÁNEĆ First Nations are unique and culturally rich. The communities are excited to work with a NP who is interested in learning more about the culture, traditions and lives of the W’SÁNEĆ peoples and invite you to join their communities in increasing access to culturally safe, holistic and client centered health services.
- You are self-directed, able to interact and adapt with other professions in complex, dynamic situations. Your background demonstrates your ability to lead a team; provide supervision; teach, coach and offer mentorship while also working within a team. You can assess and recognize population health trends’ and have an ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
- Along with a profound understanding of Aboriginal health issues, including the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the client and the community, you are able to build relationships and nurture an environment of quality, culturally appropriate care. In addition, you have the following:
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Successful completion of the OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) and the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Centre) examinations
- Minimum of 2 years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience.
To learn more and apply online:
Contact: Penny Cooper, SI Manager, Aboriginal Health at Penelope.Cooper@viha.ca or call 250.370.8965.
With over 19,500 employees, 1,900 physician partners, and over 6,000 volunteers that give their time, skills and experience to our organization, Island Health is the largest employer on Vancouver Island.
Come be part of our future!
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: